School is half way done.
The schedule is filled.
The pace is swift.
Rest is treasured.
Life is challenging.
God is Good.
How are we already to the end of January 2015! The winter is zooming by and I'm looking forward to spring blooms and not needing to use a heater! For now, here is a look back at the last 3 months.
|Kobe Port Area|
- Ended 1st Quarter at School
- Explored Kobe on Fall field trips - Maritime museum, Kawasaki Good times Museum and Kobe Tower (More info here.)
- Visited with parents at Parent Teacher Conferences
- Chaperoned and supervised our Girl's Basketball team for a game in Kobe
- Celebrated Thanksgiving three times
- Coached my middle schoolers to use their talents to lead chapel for 1-6 graders.
|Japan Fall Field Council: Mehns, Ellisons, Harms, Fischer and Smith|
- Traveled to Tokyo for Japan Fall Field Council -
- met Ian, our newest Career mission in Japan you can follow his blog here.
- praised God for teammates' current ministries
- prayed about future ministry plans
- took care of mission business
- Attended church at Yurigaoka Baptist - where I was a short-termer worker
- Reveled in the joy of spending a relaxing afternoon with my Japanese host family and their 7 grandkids in Tokyo area!
|Yurigaoka Baptist Church|
- Learned, networked, and was inspired at the International Christian Educators Conference in Seoul, South Korea.
|Enjoying new foods with Lisa in South Korea|
|Me with Mihwa, and her adorable daughters|
- Hosted missionary fellowship with my roommate
- Celebrated Christmas at School and with an outreach to a nursing home
- Traveled to Minnesota, USA
- signed papers to put a house I own with my sister on the market to sell
- celebrated Christmas with my parents, sisters and their families
- visited with college roommates who are now living in MN and Saudi Arabia
- helped my twin sister, Lisa, with projects the week before her wedding.
|Christmas silliness with my sisters, and my mom|
|Lisa & Mike on their way to go ice fishing before the wedding.|
- Still in Minnesota
- CELEBRATED in Lisa's marriage to Mike Dwyer. (So thrilled for them!)
- Delighted in gathering with family and friends at the wedding
- Enjoyed a visit to Bethany Baptist Church (my home church)
- Hugged my grandma who is in hospice care
- Left Minnesota for a crazy travel tale of canceled, delayed, and rescheduled flights and lost luggage.
- Back in Japan
- Returned to a pile of paperwork at school - and awesome coworkers
- Drove the basketball team to Nagoya (3 hours away) for a 2 day Girl's Basketball tournament (I'm the bus driver and sports coordinator.)
- Finished 2nd quarter and 1st Semester of school
It may seem
with this long list of events
combined with teaching my students
a life of a busy bee.
You may not see
with this long list of events
that through it all
God is sustaining each day
with his grace resources,
his wisdom supply,
his abundant love.
Growing my desire to do less,
and be with him more.