Monday, January 9, 2017

Answer to Prayer!


Thank you for joining me in seeking God’s guidance for direction of what to do after my internship at MTI finished. God in his goodness has answered our prayers for discernment of next ministry steps. Ready for some BIG NEWS? I have been offered and have accepted a position at Mission Training International as a trainer for children in the Debriefing and Renewal program (DAR). I will also participate in MTI’s COMPASS program, focusing on the pre-field training of missionary families as they prepare to go overseas.

While I will greatly miss my colleagues at Converge, I am delighted to be joining the MTI Team and taking on a new challenge. I remain deeply grateful to the Converge Japan Field, and Japan Baptist Rengo. The experience gained and knowledge acquired overseas will be foundational to future ministry debriefing missionary children and families. I am especially grateful to all of the individual and church ministry partners, who have supported me with prayers, words of encouragement, and financial support over the last decade.

By accepting this position I am resigning from Converge Worldwide and am joining Mission Training International full-time. Together we can impact the effectiveness, endurance, and personal vitality of missionary families around the globe. The position is as a missionary to missionaries and requires me to raise 100% of my funds, and to continue to develop a prayer team. Below I have included action steps available to you for joining me in this transition.

Serving with joy,
Lori Harms
Lori & Pike's Peak

















ACTION STEPS

Pray: I invite you to pray about joining me in the transition from Converge to MTI.  I welcome your phone calls, questions, and requests for more information.


Option A: Join me in switching to MTI.


Join the prayer team by replying to this email and letting me know that you will commit to praying regularly for me in ministry at MTI.

Give financially: There are multiple methods of giving . . .
  • Online: visit www.mti.org, click "Donate", mark "Lori Harms" for credit card, debit card, or e-check.
  • By Check: Make checks payable to: Mission Training International (or MTI), PO Box 1220, Palmer Lake, CO 80133 with a note that includes my name. 
  • Electronic funds transfer: request a form from me or call 1-800-896-3710 for a form. 
  • Over the phone by credit card call 1-800-896-3710
Option B: Transfer your support to a Japan teammate.  If you feel God is leading you to transition your ministry partnership to other missionaries in Japan, I can give you information of Converge teammates in Japan who are in educational ministry, church planting and leadership development. 

Please contact me as to what steps you will take. If you continue to give to Converge Donation ID: 136275  for my ministry - your donations will be returned to you, so that you can decide your next step of action.


Upcoming Events & Prayer Prompts


*Moving into a new apartment and meeting the neighbors

*Joining a community group at a local church

*Jan. 8-13, Debriefing and Renewal (DAR) Program - I will be a participant during this program to debrief my experience in Japan and seek renewal. As an MTI staff, I will learn a new perspective of the program as part of my training.

*Jan. 29-Feb. 3, DAR Program - I will begin my role as an MTI children’s trainer and parent coach during this program.

No comments: